updated: 18-12-23 at 4.04 pm
Blue World Kanpur is located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh and is one of the major tourist destinations in North India. Kanpur is an ancient and historical city, which has many cultural temples and famous temples that attract. Kanpur has various shopping malls and markets where you can shop for exotic cosmetics and local goods. The taste of the local food here is also excellent. Kanpur has many parks, jogging tracks, and play areas that attract families for fun.
Table of Contents
Kanpur Tourism :-History
The history of Kanpur is very ancient. Its name is also mentioned in Vedas and Puranas. In ancient times it was known by the name “Kanhpur”. The Mughal emperor named it “Jahangirabad” in the 16th century. At that time Kanpur had become an important city where trade and military facilities were available. During the British rule, Kanpur became an important city of the British Indian Company. There was a major conflict here during the military rebellion of 1857, which is known as the “Khooni Garhi of Kanpur”. After independence, Kanpur became a major industry and commercial center of the state of Uttar Pradesh and contributed significantly to its development and entrepreneurship.
Things To Do : Blue World Kanpur
Blue World is located at a distance of about 15 km from Kanpur.
- Ticket Pachage
|Ticket Package Rate
|800 Full- 400 Half
|750 Full- 400 Half
|700 Full- 400 Half
|700 Full- 350 Half
|750 Full- 350 Half
|800 Full- 400 Half
|850 Full- 450 Half
Must Visit Places In Kanpur
There are many places to visit in Kanpur city, there are many famous places in Kanpur which attract tourists, such as JNV Avenue, Phool Bagh, Jal Mandir, Focal Point, Bithoor Dham and Barraj.
Jajmau Dargah: This is a famous Dargah built in support of Sufi saint Khwaja Jajmuddin Chishti. People coming here get spiritual and mental peace.
Bithula Devi Temple: This temple is dedicated to Bhagwati Bithula Devi and is one of the major religious places in Kanpur.
Bhoothnath Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and grand celebrations are held here on the occasion of Shivratri.
Alekhya Temple: This ancient temple is dedicated to Mata Alekhya and is famous for its stylish structure.
JK Temple: JK Temple, also known as Jagdish Temple, is a famous Hindu religious site located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. This temple is dedicated to the Sri Jagadish form of Lord Vishnu and is full of religious significance. The spire and architectural design of JK Temple is also very beautiful.
Kanpur Museum: This museum displays the history, culture and art of Kanpur. Tourists coming here get information about the development of the city.
Ellen Allen Garden: Ellen Allen Garden, locally known as ‘Kanpur Zoo’, was established in 1971. This garden is located in the south of Kanpur and at a distance of about 9 kilometers from Kanpur Junction. Allen Plantation has a variety of animal and bird habitats with adequate protection.
Freedom Park: This park is an attractive spot with Pinzle and lakes, which can guarantee a relaxing time with the family.
Blue World Prajapati: It is a famous conservation center for diverse wildlife, visiting which is a unique experience for volcano and science lovers.
Bithoor: About 25 kilometers from Kanpur.
Kanpur Tourism :- Food Options
- Sairati: A major offering of Kanpur, Sairati is made from sago and rice, especially offered to Lord Vishnu. It is served garnished with sugar and ghee, which delights the devotees with its devotion.
- Thaggi Kebab: This famous Mughlai dish is kebabs of grilled meat, which are served fresh. Along with this, green chutney and fresh paratha doubles the fun of eating.
- Gol Gappa: Kanpur’s Gol Gappa are also special, which contain potato, gram, coriander leaves, mint and sweet water. Its taste is sweet and it is served with cold water in a jug during summer days.
- Thekua: The famous Thekua of Kanpur is a delicious sweet made of jaggery, ghee and refined flour. Its taste is slightly different from everyday sweets and it is eaten on religious occasions like golden jubilee and marriages.
- Panchratan vegetable: This vegetable, which is famous in Kanpur, is made using five types of vegetables. Potato, brinjal, cabbage, peas, and tomato are used in it. This amazing tasting vegetable is eaten with naan or roti.
- Thuggu Ke Ladoo: Thuggu Ke Ladoo is one of the famous and most popular delicious Ladoo of Kanpur. The taste of Thuggu’s Ladoo is devastatingly delicious and you feel more fun and enjoyment after eating it.
Kanpur Tourism :- Facts
- Kanpur is one of the oldest industrial cities of India and is also known as the “Manchester of India”.
- Kanpur is one of the largest log manufacturing places in the world and is known as “Lathewali Gali”.
- Kanpur is also known for various famous products, such as leather products, plastic and syringe products, and Kanpuri Chappal.
- Kanpur Central Railway Station is one of the 5 Central Railway Stations in India.
- Kanpur city is also known for attractive festivals and fairs, including the Ganga Mahotsav, Dhanteras Fair, and Navratri Fair.
- Zsquare Mall, Rave 3, Rave Pearl, SouthX Mall (places to visit in Kanpur for couples) in Kanpur city are great options to visit and shop.
How To Reach
There are many different ways to reach Kanpur. You can choose from the following methods as per your needs and features:
- Railways: Kanpur railway station is included in the extensive network of Indian Railways. Several facilities are available at this station, including a celery depot, dealership, showroom office and shopkeepers’ kiosk. From here people travel to different cities and states and use rail travel to reach their destination. This station is located in North India, is one of the most connected railway stations in India and trains run to many capital and major cities.
- By Air: Kanpur has Chandrashekhar Azad International Airport, from which you can also travel by plane. This airport also known Chakeri Airport.
- Bus: You can also reach Kanpur by using bus service. From here state and inner state levels are available which can take you to other cities.
- Car/Taxi: If you want to go to Kanpur from a nearby city, you can also use your car.
Read This Also: Who Built The Taj Mahal?
Blue World Kanpur Related FAQ:-
1)- Which is the most suitable time for Kanpur?
The climate of Kanpur is very hot in summer season and cool in winter season. Therefore, it is best to visit during the season from October to February.
2)- How to reach Kanpur?
Kanpur Railway Station and Chandrashekhar Azad International Airport are major points for transportation. Apart from this, national and international bus services are also available.
3)- Where to stay in Kanpur?
Various hotels, guest houses, and accommodation options are available near religious places in Kanpur. You can stay at your favorite place as per your budget and facilities.
4)- What are the further places to visit near Kanpur?
There are also many interesting places around Kanpur, such as major cities like Allahabad, Lucknow, Varanasi, and Agra. You can also visit these places.
5)- Where is Blue World in Kanpur?
Near Mandhna, Kanpur.