Are you looking for budget-friendly hotels in Agra? Your search ends here. Agra, place in India that’s full of amazing things to see. Let’s take a look at the best places to visit in Agra ( Agra Tourism ) you won’t want to miss, a major tourist destination in Uttar Pradesh which is known for a journey full of history, art and beauty of India. The glorious history of this city is full of famous heritage sites like Taj Mahal, Agarsen Ki Bawdi, Agra Fort.
Table of Contents
The night view of Sikandra, Fatehpur Sikri and Taj Mahal enthrall the travelers. Along with this, Shah Jahan’s horticulture also makes it special. Other famous places of Agra include Soor Jheel Bird Sanctuary, Achhabawadi, Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah etc. The terrestrial culture of Agra, the taste of diversity and the huge markets make your trip even more colourful. Knowing about it, you can enjoy your visit to this city.
Agra is a major city located in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Its history is vast and glorious. The name of Agra is also found in the time of Mughal ruler Ibrahim Lodi’s Munshi Ekram and Sher Shah Suri. Agra’s most famous monument, the Taj Mahal, was built in memory of Shah Jahan and his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The Taj Mahal is a wonderful building, which is counted among the most beautiful monuments in the world. Mughal emperor Akbar made Agra his capital and after that the Mughal emperors elected their governors here. Mughal emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in memory of his 13th wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
Top Prominent Sites : Must Visit Places In Agra
Agra, located in the northern part of India, is a city known for its rich history and iconic monuments, especially those built during the Mughal era. Here are some prominent sites in Agra:
- Taj mahal
- Akbar’s Tomb
- Agra Fort
- The Fatehpur Sikri
- Tomb of Akbar
- Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal
- Soor Sarovar Bird Sanctuary
- Mehtab Bagh
- Shri Mankameshwar Mandir
- Amar Singh Gate
- Sikandra Fort
- Taj Nature Walk
- Aram Bagh
Agra Tourism : Famous Food
- Pethe: Pethe is a famous sweet in Agra made of mawa, sugar and ghee. It is made from a specific type of white pumpkin known as “ash gourd” or “winter melon,” which is peeled, deseeded, and then cooked with sugar to create a translucent and candied texture.
- Bhalle: Bhalle is a famous North Indian snack from Agra made from urad dal. It is served garnished with coriander mint chutney, curd and different spicy spices.
- Mughlai Parathas: Mughlai Parathas are a famous snack of Agra which is made with a filling of moong dal, potatoes and spices. It is served with ghee and chutney and is a favorite as a snack.
- Tandoori Jingha: Tandoori Jingha is a famous non-veg dish from Agra made with ginger cooked in a tandoor. It is a spicy and attractive colored dish that tastes amazing.
Where to Stay In Agra?
In Agra, there are various options for accommodations to suit different preferences and budgets. Some popular areas to consider staying in Agra are:
- Taj Ganj: This area is very close to the Taj Mahal and offers a range of hotels and guesthouses catering to different budgets. Staying here allows you to have easy access to the iconic monument.
- Fatehabad Road: This area also provides a good selection of hotels and is relatively close to the Taj Mahal. It’s a popular choice for both tourists and business travelers.
- Agra Cantt: If you prefer a more serene and peaceful environment, Agra Cantt is a bit away from the city’s hustle and bustle. It’s still well-connected and has some decent lodging options.
- Civil Lines: This is a posh area with upscale hotels and a quieter atmosphere. It’s suitable for those who are looking for a more luxurious stay.
- Agra Fort: This area is close to the Agra Fort and offers a mix of budget and mid-range accommodations. It’s a good choice if you’re interested in exploring the historical sites.
- Sikandra: This area is known for the tomb of Akbar the Great and is a bit away from the main tourist attractions. It could be a good choice if you’re looking for a quieter stay.
Budget-Friendly Hotels In Agra
Here is a list of some budget-friendly hotels in Agra across different budget ranges:
- The Oberoi Amarvilas: Offers a stunning view of the Taj Mahal, luxurious facilities, and perfect service. For All Details Click Here.
- ITC Mughal: Known for its Mughal-inspired architecture and lush gardens, offering a blend of luxury and history. For All Details Click Here.
- Jaypee Palace Hotel: A palatial hotel with beautiful gardens, multiple dining options, and a regal ambiance. For All Details Click Here.
- Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate: Located close to the Taj Mahal, this hotel provides modern comforts and great views. For All Details Click Here.
- Crystal Sarovar Premiere: Contemporary hotel with comfortable rooms, multiple dining options, and a rooftop pool. For All Details Click Here.
- Four Points by Sheraton Agra: Offers a convenient location, modern service and a range of facilities. For All Details Click Here.
- Howard Plaza The Fern: Known for its eco-friendly practices, this hotel provides a comfortable stay with various facilities. For All Details Click Here.
- The Retreat: Offers a blend of modern and traditional elements, with comfortable rooms and a calm atmosphere. For All Details Click Here.
- Hotel Amar: Provides basic amenities at an affordable price, suitable for budget-conscious travellers. For All Details Click Here.
- Hotel Atulyaa Taj: Offers comfortable rooms and is located near the Taj Mahal, making it a good choice for budget travellers. For All Details Click Here.
- Hotel Taj Plaza: Known for its closeness to the Taj Mahal, this hotel provides budget-friendly accommodations. For All Details Click Here.
- Hotel Kamal: Offers simple rooms and a convenient location for those looking for budget options. For All Details Click Here in booking.com website.
How to reach
- Air: Agra has domestic airport Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya airport, from which you can board flights from various cities to Agra. Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is near to Agra.
- Train: Agra is an important railway station In Delhi to Mumbai main line and is connected by various general, express, and shatabdi trains of Indian Railways. You can use train from your city to Agra. Gatimaan Express, the country’s first fastest train, started at Delhi’s Nizamuddin Railway Station, Agra, with a maximum speed of 160 kmph.
- Bus Service: Government Roadways Bus and Private bus services are also available from many cities to Agra. From here you can travel by bus to any city of your choice.
- Car/Taxi: If you want to reach Agra from nearby cities, you can also use Rental car services. Cab/ rental car for Agra is available from almost all cities in India.
Budget-Friendly Hotels In Agra Related FAQ’s
– What are some budget-friendly hotels in Agra near the Taj Mahal?
Some budget-friendly options near the Taj Mahal include Hotel Atulyaa Taj, Hotel Taj Resorts, and Hotel Amar.
– Do budget hotels in Agra provide amenities like free Wi-Fi and breakfast?
Yes, many budget hotels in Agra offer free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast as part of their services.
– How can I find the best deals on budget hotels in Agra?
You can find the best deals on budget hotels in Agra by checking online travel platforms, hotel booking websites, and using travel apps. It’s also a good idea to book in advance or look for last-minute deals.
– Are there any budget hotels in Agra that allow pets?
Not all budget hotels allow pets, but some may have a pet-friendly policy. It’s essential to check with the hotel in advance if you plan to bring a pet.
– Are there budget hotels with parking facilities in Agra?
Yes, some budget hotels in Agra provide parking facilities for guests. It’s advisable to check with the hotel beforehand regarding parking availability.