Guwahati is a entrance to the beautiful landscapes of Assam, attract the attention of travelers with its cultural richness, lively markets, and stunning scenery. But just like any other city, safety is crucial for tourists. Recently, Guwahati has worked hard to make things safer, bringing in changes to boost security and overall safety for visitors. In this blog, we’ll talk about Is Guwahati Safe For Tourist Now and offer some helpful tips for anyone planning to visit this lovely city.
Table of Contents
- Maa Kamakhya Temple
- Sri Umananda Temple
- ISKCON Guwahati
- Sri Sri Shukreshwar Devalaya
- Dipor Bil
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
- Saraighat Bridge
Things To Do In Guwahati
- Assam State Museum
- Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra
- Purva Tirupati Sri Balaji Temple
- Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Garden
- Guwahati Planetarium
- Fancy Bazaar
- Nehru Park
Is Guwahati Safe For Tourist
Guwahati has seen commendable efforts in upgrading its security infrastructure to ensure a safe environment for tourists. Local authorities have implemented various measures, including increased police presence, increased surveillance, and improved street lighting. These initiatives aim to create a safe environment, allowing visitors to explore the city’s attractions without unnecessary worries.
- Police Patrolling: One change in Guwahati is the increased visibility of police personnel patrolling key areas. Tourists can spot officers in popular tourist spots, markets, and transportation hubs, contributing to a heightened sense of security. The local police force has been proactive in ensuring the safety of both locals and tourists alike.
- Tourist-Friendly Initiatives: Tourist information centers are also available in Guwahati, providing maps, brochures, and guidance for safe travel. The “Tourist Police” service has been introduced to offer dedicated assistance to visitors, helping address concerns and ensuring a positive experience.
- Public Awareness: The local government and community have actively worked towards raising public awareness about safety. Campaigns highlighting the importance of vigilance, responsible tourism, and emergency contact information have been instrumental in creating a safety-conscious environment.
Is Guwahati Safe In Night
Guwahati, like any city, has areas that are generally considered safe at night, while others may require some caution. However, safety conditions can change, and it’s essential to stay informed about the current situation.
Is Guwahati Safe For Female Or Solo Traveller’s
Guwahati is generally considered safe for female travelers or Solo Traveller’s, but it’s essential to take standard precautions, as you would in any unfamiliar city. Like many places, safety can vary depending on the specific area and time of day. Here are some tips to enhance safety for female travelers in Guwahati:
- Use Reputable Accommodations: Choose well-reviewed and reputable accommodations for your stay. Look for guesthouses or hotels located in safe and well-traveled areas.
- Avoid Poorly Lit Areas at Night: Stick to well-lit and busy streets, especially if you’re walking at night. Avoid poorly illuminated or secluded areas.
- Use Reliable Transportation: Opt for registered taxis or transportation services recommended by your accommodation. Avoid accepting rides from unofficial or unregistered vehicles.
- Stay Informed About Local Customs: Familiarize yourself with local customs and cultural norms. Respect local dress codes and be aware of any specific guidelines for women in certain areas.
- Local Advice: Seek advice from locals or your accommodation staff about safe areas and the best modes of transportation. They can provide valuable insights into the local environment.
- Solo Travel: If you’re traveling alone, let someone know your itinerary and whereabouts. Keep your family or friends informed about your plans.
- Emergency Contacts: Save emergency contact numbers, including local police and your embassy, on your phone. Keep a copy of important documents, such as your passport, separately from the originals.
- Stay Alert: Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. If you ever feel uncomfortable, consider moving to a more populated or well-lit area.
- Connect with Other Travelers: If possible, connect with other travelers or join group tours. There’s often safety in numbers, and it can enhance the overall experience.
Tips for Safe Travel
While Guwahati has made significant strides in ensuring the safety of tourists, it’s essential for visitors to take personal precautions. Here are some tips to enhance your safety during your visit:
- Stay Informed: Familiarize yourself with local emergency numbers, the location of the nearest police station, and the contact details of your country’s embassy.
- Use Reliable Transportation: Opt for registered taxis or transportation services recommended by your accommodation to ensure safe travel within the city.
- Secure Your Belongings: Be mindful of your belongings in crowded areas and public transportation. Use anti-theft backpacks and pouches for added security.
- Respect Local Customs: Understanding and respecting the local culture goes a long way in ensuring a smooth and safe travel experience.
Guwahati is a safe and welcoming destination for tourists, offering a perfect blend of cultural richness and natural beauty. With ongoing efforts to enhance safety measures, coupled warmth of its people, Guwahati invites travelers to explore its wonders. By staying informed and taking basic precautions, visitors can enjoy the city’s hospitality and create lasting memories of their time in Assam’s gateway.
Is Guwahati Safe For Tourist Now Related FAQ’s
Is Guwahati generally safe for tourists?
Yes, Guwahati is generally considered safe for tourists. However, it’s essential to stay informed about specific areas and take standard precautions.
Are there specific areas in Guwahati that tourists should avoid?
While many areas are safe, it’s advisable to avoid poorly lit or secluded places, especially at night. Always stay in well-traveled and well-lit areas.
Are there any recent safety measures implemented in Guwahati?
Yes, in recent years, Guwahati has implemented significant changes to enhance security measures, including increased police presence and improved surveillance.
How is the police presence in Guwahati?
Guwahati has increased police patrolling in key areas, contributing to a heightened sense of security. Tourists can often spot officers in popular spots and transportation hubs.