What Is The Best Time To Visit Guwahati? The best time to visit Guwahati is usually during the winter months from October to March. During this period, the weather is pleasant, with temperatures ranging around 10°C to 25°C (50°F to 77°F). The winter months provide comfortable conditions for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Table of Contents
Is Guwahati A Beautiful Place
Guwahati, the largest city in the Indian state of Assam, is considered a beautiful place. It is situated on the banks of the Brahmaputra river and is surrounded by lush green hills. The city has a mix of modern amenities and historical attractions, with temples, cultural sites and natural landscapes contributing to its beauty. Know about what are the famous in Guwahati?
Some of the attractions in Guwahati include Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Island, Assam State Museum and Assam State Zoo. The Brahmaputra River enhances the natural beauty of the city, and the nearby hills provide opportunities for panoramic views. The city is also known for its vibrant culture, diverse cuisine and warm hospitality.
What Is The Best Time To Visit Guwahati
The best time to visit Guwahati is usually during the winter months from October to March. During this period, the weather is pleasant, with temperatures ranging around 10°C to 25°C (50°F to 77°F). The winter months provide comfortable conditions for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
- Winter (October to March): This is considered the most favorable time to visit Guwahati. The weather is cool and dry, making it suitable for exploring the city’s attractions and natural beauty.
- Summer (April to June): Summers in Guwahati can be hot and humid, with temperatures often exceeding 30°C (86°F) and occasionally reaching 40°C (104°F). It might not be the most comfortable time for outdoor activities, but if you can tolerate the heat, you can still explore the city.
- Monsoon (June to September): The monsoon season brings heavy rainfall to Guwahati. While the lush greenery becomes even more vibrant during this time, the rains can disrupt travel plans and outdoor activities. Landslides are also a concern in the hilly areas surrounding the city.
Places To Visit In Guwahati
- Maa Kamakhya Temple
- Sri Umananda Temple
- ISKCON Guwahati
- Sri Sri Shukreshwar Devalaya
- Dipor Bil
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
- Saraighat Bridge
Things To Do In Guwahati
- Assam State Museum
- Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra
- Purva Tirupati Sri Balaji Temple
- Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Garden
- Guwahati Planetarium
- Fancy Bazaar
- Nehru Park
How Can I Spend Time In Guwahati
Guwahati offers a diverse range of activities and attractions for visitors. Here are 3 options to you can spend your time in Guwahati:
Short Trip (1-2 Days):
- Visit Kamakhya Temple: Spend time exploring the iconic Kamakhya Temple and its surroundings.
- Take a River Cruise: Enjoy a leisurely cruise on the Brahmaputra River, especially during sunset.
- Explore Fancy Bazar: Visit the bustling Fancy Bazar for shopping and experiencing local culture.
- Quick City Tour: Take a brief city tour, covering landmarks like Nehru Park and Guwahati Planetarium.
Medium Trip (3-4 Days):
- Include Umananda Island: Extend your visit to explore Umananda Island and the Umananda Temple.
- Assam State Zoo and Botanical Garden: Dedicate time to the Assam State Zoo and Botanical Garden.
- Day Trip to Hajo: Plan a day trip to Hajo, known for its religious diversity and historical significance.
- Cultural Exploration: Attend local events or festivals to immerse yourself in Assamese culture.
Extended Trip (5 Days or More):
- Day Trip to Sualkuchi: Explore Sualkuchi, the silk village, and witness traditional silk weaving.
- Wildlife Adventure: Extend your trip to include a visit to Kaziranga National Park or Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary for a wildlife safari.
- Majuli Island Excursion: Plan a visit to Majuli Island, the world’s largest river island, known for its unique culture and scenic beauty.
- Historical Sites: Take time to explore historical sites like the Guwahati War Cemetery and Assam State Museum in more detail.
In conclusion, the best time to visit Guwahati is generally during the winter months from October to March. This period offers a pleasant and comfortable climate, with temperatures ranging from around 10°C to 25°C (50°F to 77°F). The weather is conducive to exploring the city’s attractions, enjoying outdoor activities, and experiencing the cultural and natural beauty of Guwahati.
Best Time To Visit Guwahati Related FAQ’s
What makes winter the best time to visit Guwahati?
Winter, from October to March, is considered the best time due to its pleasant weather with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C.
What kind of clothing is recommended for a winter visit to Guwahati?
Light woolens and layers are sufficient for the winter months. However, it’s advisable to check the weather forecast and pack accordingly as temperatures may vary.
Are outdoor activities popular during the winter in Guwahati?
Yes, the pleasant weather during winter makes outdoor activities like sightseeing, river cruises, and exploring the surrounding hills more enjoyable.
Are there any festivals or events during the winter months in Guwahati?
Yes, winter coincides with many festivals and events in Guwahati. For example, Bihu, a major Assamese festival, is celebrated in April but has pre-festival events during the winter months.
Are wildlife sanctuaries around Guwahati accessible during the winter?
Yes, wildlife sanctuaries like Kaziranga National Park are often accessible during the winter months. The dry weather makes it easier for wildlife viewing and exploration.